Wivenhoe has a wide variety of sports organisations, many with their own facilities.
Click here for more information about Broad Lane Sports Ground and the Wivenhoe & District Sporting Facilities Trust.
Click here for details of other organisations in Wivenhoe
- Badminton – The Marina Badminton Club
The Wivenhoe and Brightlingsea Badminton Clubs merged in 2005 to form the Marina Badminton Club. It meets at the Colne Community School on Monday evenings between 8pm to 10pm. There are 4 badminton courts available for use by the members. For details, see their web site: click here
- Contact:John Woodrow tel:01206 303684 or e-mail:
- Wivenhoe Junior Badminton Club
- Junior badminton is in the William Loveless Hallon a Thursday evening from 6.00pm to 7.00pm.
- Contact:Lyn Pendle – tel:01206 822245
- Wivenhoe Bowls Club
The Bowls Club is in Woodland Way. For more details about the Club, and how to join:
- Contact:Frank Hodgson – tel:01206 825695
- Wivenhoe Cricket Club
The Cricket Club is off Rectory Road. The Club offers a friendly and social environment, and anopportunity to watch or play some good cricket. Click here for more details.
- Contact:Sue Halsey tel:01206 823086
- Wivenhoe Sailing Club(click for the WSC web site)
- The Club offers an active programme of activity off and on the water. Dinghy racing on many Sundays throughout the summer. Cruiser rallies for those with bigger boats. Visit the Wivenhoe One Design web site. Click here
- Contact:Alan Tynetel:01206 822001
- Wivenhoe Sailing Club Cadets
The Sailing Club has an active cadet section and new members are welcomed. See the Sailing Club web site for details.
- Wivenhoe Tennis Club(click for the Tennis Club web site)
Based at Broad Lane Sports Ground from 2001. 4 floodlight courts. Local league tennis. Club sessions Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6.30 pm, Sunday afternoons from 4 pm and Friday mornings from 9.30am. There are regular Junior Play sessions organised by James Bird our club coach. His contact details are available on the club web site. Public access to the courts is available via the Premier Convenience Store at The Cross, Wivenhoe.
- Contact:Ginny Scott tel:01206825964
- Wivenhoe Judo Club(click for theJudo Club web site)
Based at Millfields Primary School
|Tues 5.30pm to 6.45pm
||This lesson is for beginners aged 5 to 7 years.
|Tues 6.45pm to 7.30pm
||This Lesson is for Juniors aged 8 years and over.
|Tues 7.30pm to 9.00pm
||This Lesson is for more experienced Juniors
|Fri 5.30pm to 7.00pm
||This lesson is open to all Juniors under 16, wanting extra training.
|Friday 7.00pm to 8.30pm
||This lesson is for Seniors and older Juniors.
- For more info, contact via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- EWRK – Wado Ryu Karate
Saturday mornings in the Scout & Guide Hall. Click here for more information.
- Wivenhoe Town Football Club
Senior League football matches at Broad Lane Sports Ground Click here for fixture list and Club history. details Also joint University & Wivenhoe Town team playing in the 1st Division of the Border League and an Under-18s team.
- Contact:Sue Shepherd tel:01206 573223
- Wivenhoe Youth Football Club
Wivenhoe Youth FC run coaching and teams for 8 yr – 16 olds on their 4 pitches at Broad Lane Sports Ground.
- Chairman: Colin Game
- ecretaryTel: 07999 384070
Wivenhoe Hornets (under 15’s) – (web site