AboutKen Rogers – now deceased
Previously Chairman of Wivenhoe’s Community Safety Neighbourhood Watch Group
Ken was a:
– Fellow of Institute of International Security
– Member of Institute of International Risk and Safety Management
– Member Institute of Management
– Lecturer and author on Community Safety/Security issues.
– Lectured at Exeter University (MBA courses) Leicester University. Plymouth MOD courses(10yrs) and at the Home Office National Crime Prevention Centre, etc.
– Trained security staff in various industries
– Previously chaired Crime Prevention Panels in Norfolk and chaired the first Crime Prevention Panel in Devon and Cornwall
– Served on a number of local and International Committees in relation to Security, Community Safety and Crime.
Ken was commended for his activities by Chief Constables, Commissioner of Metropolitan Police and courts on forty-three occasions. Also commended by Ken Clarke QC Home Secretary for his voluntary crime prevention activities. Letters of appreciation received from Chief Constables, Chief Executives City and Town Councils and from various other committees.
Previously a regular broadcaster on Radio and TV on Community Safety/Security issues. (Local and national).
During 2002, discussed the urgent requirement for a Risk Assessment of the A12 to provide safer driving conditions, on BBC Radio Essex. Published a paper on �Violence in and around our schools�
Ken had a monthly column in �Professional Security� a monthly journal. Also monthly book reviews. Published papers each quarter in PCW Review, a journal dedicated to ‘the Protection of the Citizen’.
Served and has served on Editorial Boards of Law and Security Journals.
|Articles and Papers (a selection of many)
Click here for the Wivenhoe Community Safety Neighbourhood Watch Group Page