Karen was born in 1988 and has grown up in Wivenhoe participating in so many local events and shows as a performer, dancer and musician. Amongst these many activities, she has played principal girl in the Wivenhoe Pantomime and danced in the Wivenhoe Mayor’s Charity Show. She sings regularly in St Mary’s Church choir and is a member of St Mary’s Singers.
In 2006, she finished her National Diploma in Music at the Colchester Institute which she passed with a Triple Distinction. She is looking to continue her studies at Colchester Institute on a BA(Hons) music course.
– she has been working on her grade 8 piano and grade 7/8 singing exams.
– July she was awarded a merit for grade 6 oboe and passed grade 7 Theory of Music.
– she is continuing to learn to play the church organ
– starting to learn saxophone.
– organised her own music concert with two friends – Musicality (click here for report and pictures).
Karen loves dancing and over the years has been involved with ballet, tap, disco, modern and jazz.
In summer 2005, she joined The Colchester Youth Chamber Orchestra and the Wivenhoe Youth Theatre. Since then she has also joined LYNX.
Karen’s ambition is to be a performer, instrumental teacher, play in an orchestra and meet lots of interesting people whilst learning more about the music industry.
For more about Karen Emms, click here for her own web site
Karen as Guinevere in the Wivenhoe Pantomime 2004 production: Babes in the Wood
|Click here for the report of Karen’s 2006 Musicality in the Afternoon concert and here for details of her 2007 Return to Musicality concert featuring Karen and friends Fiona Gaudion, Trevor Thurston, Jemma Walsh and Karen Walsh.|