Drug - taking            

Main sections:


About Wivenhoe

Adult Education   




Cook's Shipyard



How to get HERE

Music Section


Pubs & Restaurants

Sports Clubs

Trade & Business


Useful Information

Useful Web Sites


Wivenhoe Diary


Wivenhoe People

Town Council












The Wivenhoe Encyclopedia

If you suspect your child of taking drugs, what can you do?

Councillor Ken Rogers, Chairman of the Wivenhoe Neighbourhood Watch and Community Safety Committee advises "There is help there for them at the local surgery, and I would urge parents to take their children there, where there is a caring team of doctors and nurses who will help. However, they cannot help unless they are approached first. Young people need to get assistance in the early stages of taking drugs, if they do not, they will find it much harder to be cured later."

Help is also available for young people under the age of 19 from the Essex Young People Drug and Alcohol Service, which is part of the Childrens Society.

This organisation will assist with such work as free confidential advice, information, needs led assessment, counselling and brief intervention, individual care plans, outreach service, a structured day programme, and one to one support.

Parents and young people themselves can contact the Essex Young Peoples Drug and Alcohol Service on 01245 493311.

Adults requiring assistance for a drug problem can contact NEEDAS on 01206 287250, or Open Road on 01206 766096.  

For more advice, look this web-site:  http://www.colchester-drug-alcohol.org.uk/


Last updated:
05 January 2015

This site is maintained by Webmaster Eugene Kraft. 

Regarding the contents of these pages, your attention is drawn to this legal notice